Expand a Business
Montgomery County Business Retention & Expansion Program
The Business Retention & Expansion Program was created as a way of establishing good relationships and communication with companies in our community. Economic Development Staff arrange Business Retention Visits with Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg companies that are:
- Expanding in the community,
- New to the area,
- Experiencing challenging issues that affect the success of the business, or
- At the request of the business owner or manager.
These visits provide companies with a local contact that can help them address their issues or needs. After the Business Retention Visit, Montgomery County Economic Development Staff will provide follow up to any issues or questions that arise during the meeting. Economic Development Staff will remain in contact with you as appropriate, providing assistance when needed.
To learn more, visit YesMontgomeryVA.org.
Programs of Interest
Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg companies may be eligible for these Incentives & Programs:
- Virginia Jobs Investment Program
- Virginia Leaders in Export Trade
- Virginia Investment Partnership Grant And Major Eligible Employer Grant
- Local Economic Development Grant
View All Incentives & Programs at YesMontgomeryVA.org.
Did You Know?
Modea and Tuck Chiropractic Clinic - both headquartered in Blacksburg - were named 2012 "Best Places to Work" by Virginia Business.