Facts & Stats
- Location: Virginia, United States
- Geography: 393 Square Miles
- Climate: Moderate, four-seasons
- Population (2014): 97,244 (515,830 regional)
- Home Value (Median): $179,800
- Employment: 40,626
- Average Salary: $31,164/yr
- Public Schools Expenditures: $10,083.00/pupil
- Educational Attainment: 42.4% with a college degree
- Family Income (Median): $66,800
Visit YesMontgomeryVA.org to view more stats
Business Relocation or Expansions:
Did You Know:
Blacksburg MSA rose 43 spots to become the 49th "Best-Performing Small City" of 2009 (Milken Institute, 2009).
Blacksburg MSA ranks the 31st “Best Small Place for Business and Careers” (Forbes.com, 2009)
Did You Know?
The Blacksburg metro was ranked 28th in 2010, 31st in 2009 and 10th in 2008 by Forbes as the “Best Small Place for Business and Careers”.