Facts & Stats
- Location: Virginia, United States
- Geography: 393 Square Miles
- Climate: Moderate, four-seasons
- Population (2014): 97,244 (515,830 regional)
- Home Value (Median): $179,800
- Employment: 40,626
- Average Salary: $31,164/yr
- Public Schools Expenditures: $10,083.00/pupil
- Educational Attainment: 42.4% with a college degree
- Family Income (Median): $66,800
Visit YesMontgomeryVA.org to view more stats
Business Relocation or Expansions:
Did You Know:
Blacksburg MSA rose 43 spots to become the 49th "Best-Performing Small City" of 2009 (Milken Institute, 2009).
Blacksburg MSA ranks the 31st “Best Small Place for Business and Careers” (Forbes.com, 2009)
Did You Know?
The Blacksburg-Christiansburg-Radford Metro was named 4th “Top Metro by Number of Projects” in 2011 by Site Selection. The Blacksburg Metro was ranked 10th 2010, 8th in 2008 and 5th in 2005.